Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Huesday: Turquoise

Every Tuesday has now become Huesday - like what I did there? Yeah, it kinda broke my heart when I thought I was being oh so original and then I Googled Huesday and well, I'm not so original. But I like it so it stays! A different color every week, pretty self-explanatory me thinks. First up - turquoise!



I love these shoes. They were the inspiration for this week's Huesday. The colors, the velvet (is that velllllvet?!), the tiny price tag. And they're my size. But I never, ever find myself wearing heels anymore. I just know if I bought them I'd only have them sit in my closet and take them out to pet the velvet every so often. Don't you judge me.

[caption id="attachment_1632" align="aligncenter" width="440"] Vintage Randolph Duke Turquoise Teal Velvet Ribbon Platform Stilettos size 9 $21.50 by 27ogle[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1640" align="aligncenter" width="400"] Great vintage 60's dress via Chictopia[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1641" align="aligncenter" width="440"] Vintage 1960s Turquoise Shift Dress With Ribbon Trim by Brenner Couture $65.00 via lookimpretty[/caption]

How could I do a post on turquoise and not include vintage turquoise jewelry? Duh, I couldn't. I found this gorgeous Annie Gasper bracelet at the Sedona Indian Jewelry website. According to the website, Annie Gasper was an award winning silversmith and carver who won many prestigious awards and whose pieces are collected worldwide. This amazing spider web design bracelet dates from prior to 1975. I think it's stunning.

[caption id="attachment_1635" align="aligncenter" width="440"] Annie Quam Gasper Turquoise Silver Bracelet $1,550 via Sedona Indian Jewlery[/caption]

No comments: