Monday, May 7, 2012

Manic Mod-Day: Rudi Gernreich

One of the best mod pieces I ever had was this Rudi Gernreich black and white dress back in 2003. Heck, I'd say it one of my best pieces ever - mod or not. Ahem, digital photography and styling has come a little ways since then...

[caption id="attachment_1704" align="aligncenter" width="332"] Rudi Gernreich dress by vintspiration - SOLD[/caption]

Sadly that was the first and only Rudi Gernreich I've found in my travels. I found mine at a Salvation Army in Staten Island for under $10 sometime in the early 2000's. I almost had a heart attack. It had some moth nibbles and it needed a cleaning in the worst way, but it was a killer find. The sort of find that makes us keep searching weekend after weekend, thrift shop after thrift shop.

I was still able to find some great Rudi's for sale online... though none for $10.

[caption id="attachment_1709" align="aligncenter" width="440"] RARE! RUDI GERNREICH Vtg 60's MOD YELLOW LiNEN DRESS! M $649.99 by violetville via eBay[/caption]

This one is sold, but a great example from a fellow VFGer, Couture Allure.

[caption id="attachment_1708" align="aligncenter" width="440"] SOLD Vintage 70s RUDI GERNREICH Dress Wool Knit Colorblock by Couture Allure[/caption]

I actually really like this one and it's got one of the better prices I've seen online. This is totally wearable today. Love those shoulder cutouts.

[caption id="attachment_1710" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Rudi Gernreich Knit dress $399.00 starting bid, $500.00 to buy it now by nycbluejeanbaby via eBay[/caption]

3 comments:

Micha said...

Hi ! If you ever consider selling the black&white block print Rudi Gernreich you found in 2003 (pictured on top of this blog entry), please contact me a.s.a.p ! I'd love to buy it from you for a good price. Many thanks ! Greetings, Micha

vintspiration said...

Thanks Micha, but I sold that years ago! :)

Micha said...

Good for you, pity for me ! Greetings, Micha