Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Don't Call it a Comeback: Crochet Hot Pants

No better day to talk about hot pants than Hump Day! Fashion always repeats and reinvents itself. Recently I spotted this image on Pinterest and I thought - SO cute. While I can't rock crochet hot pants myself (and I actually doubt I ever could have post 12 years old), there are lots of ladies out there with great legs that certainly could. How sweet are these?

[caption id="attachment_1611" align="aligncenter" width="440"] 70's Crochet Shorts[/caption]

I especially like these from Letarte but $148.00 may be just a bit excessive for what are basically just a swimsuit cover up (they're unlined).

[caption id="attachment_1612" align="aligncenter" width="400"] Letarte Crochet Shorts[/caption]

I really, really love these by ASOS and they have the most "vintage hot pants" feel in my opinion. Plus they're on crazy sale at just $21.81.

[caption id="attachment_1615" align="aligncenter" width="440"] ASOS Crochet Shorts[/caption]

The Etsy seller GabysSchaufenster has loads of crocheted fashion items, including a few different styles of shorts. I think these are my favorite, they have a sort of modern twist and at just $25.00 ($28.00 for L/XL), they're also a steal.

[caption id="attachment_1613" align="aligncenter" width="440"] Crochet Women Boy Shorts in White Cotton by GabysSchaufenster[/caption]

1 comment:

Manic Mod-Day: Mary Quant | Vintspiration said...

[...] couple of weeks ago when I posted about how cute crochet hot pants were, it made me think about the mother of hot pants – Mary Quant. She was a British designer and [...]