Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Label Love: The Gap

It was 1987. I was just entering the 7th grade and I was a sucker for everything Reebok and Gap. I was a tiny little yuppie in training. While my love for Ronald Reagan and hi-top aerobic sneakers in every color of the rainbow waned, my love of the Gap did not. I still love the Gap.

Label Love: The Gap Label Love: The Gap

Does Andie not rock the denim on denim look? Swoon with the bandanna belt!

Andie MacDowell for The Gap, Vogue, March 1986. 
Andie MacDowell for The Gap, Vogue, March 1986.

I've got this awesome vintage Gap denim shirt in the shop right now!

Vintage 80's Gap Chambray Denim Shirt by Vintspiration Vintage 80's Gap Chambray Denim Shirt by Vintspiration

I would snap this boyfriend cardigan up in a hot second.

The Gap, December 1987. Photograph by Herb Ritts. The Gap, December 1987. Photograph by Herb Ritts.

I spy some coral color love.

Gap - ELAINE IRWIN & JOHN PEARSON Gap Ad 1989 via Top Models of the World. 
Gap - ELAINE IRWIN & JOHN PEARSON Gap Ad 1989 via Top Models of the World.

Head to toe love. HEAD. TO. TOE.

The Gap, Seventeen magazine, August 1985. Photograph by Barry McKinley. 
The Gap, Seventeen magazine, August 1985. Photograph by Barry McKinley.

I love these relaxed pleated front black and white houndstooth plaid cotton pants from The Gap that I have listed in the shop.

vintage 80s GAP mens HOUNDSTOOTH pleated pants 32 x 34 by Vintspiration vintage 80s GAP mens HOUNDSTOOTH pleated pants 32 x 34 by Vintspiration

Oh Joni, those pins on your jean jacket are just so perfect.

 Joni Mitchell for Gap by Herb Ritts circa 1990 
Joni Mitchell for Gap by Herb Ritts circa 1990

The perfect colorful one piece bathing suit.

Naomi Sims for The Gap 
Naomi Sims for The Gap

And we all need a little vintage Darryl Dixon love. In bell bottoms and a newsboy cap. You go, Norman Reedus!

Norman Reedus

No comments: