Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Fro Yo

I have thick, curly hair that I inherited from my father. My mother had medium weight straight hair so she just didn't know what to do with it when I was a kid, so she decided to cut it short into a sort of Q-Tip mullet that I had frequently trimmed and blown out just like Tony Manero.

I let my hair grow long as I got older but I never really learned how to do it and sometimes I just want to live naturally and free and rock a white girl fro. I dig it, man. I dig it.

[caption id="attachment_3795" align="aligncenter" width="489"]Marisa Berenson photographed by sister Berry Berenson for Vogue, October 1970. Marisa Berenson photographed by sister Berry Berenson for Vogue, October 1970.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3785" align="aligncenter" width="500"]Glamorous afro Glamorous afro[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3791" align="aligncenter" width="500"]Harpers Bazaar magazine, October 1969, photo by David Thorpe Harpers Bazaar magazine, October 1969, photo by David Thorpe[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3796" align="aligncenter" width="465"]Shelley Duvall on the set of Nashville in 1975 Shelley Duvall on the set of Nashville in 1975[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3801" align="aligncenter" width="513"]Milou for Lords and Lillies August 17th 2012 Milou for Lords and Lillies August 17th 2012[/caption]

No comments: