Thursday, August 29, 2013

Let's Get Personal

I don't post much personal stuff on this blog. For a long time I had this notion that I needed to keep everything so separate. Personal pages and ids and business pages and ids needed to maintain their identities. But it wasn't enjoyable trying to keep up two different Instagram accounts, so I did away with one and decided I would post my vintage pictures right alongside pictures of my new surroundings and friends. It was all "me" so why not?

When I was living in Brooklyn, I started a blog called Greenpointers. Originally it was actually going to be a "personal experience" blog highlighting the changes in the neighborhood I grew up in while the hipster invasion took place. It wound up evolving into more of a community culture and events blog and when I moved, I sold it to an awesome chick who carried on the tradition and even elevated it beyond my imagination.

Last fall when I moved to Upstate New York, I began to focus more on Vintspiration. The thrifting up here is so much better and my little Etsy shop has grown from usually having 30 items for sale to having closer to 80-100 listings. I love it!

Last week I went to my first county fair. I really didn't know what a fair was. I had an idea - was it like a carnival? A feast? Coney Island? Sorta. Plus animals. Animals?! And tractor pulls. TRACTOR PULLS?! I wanna ride on one! I was quickly set straight that tractor pulls were not rides, but more precisely shows or demonstrations or contests of a sort. While still excited, I was slightly disappointed. Tractor ride has now been added to my bucket list.

Here are some pictures I took from the Washington County Fair, which was pretty awesome. I was instantly attracted to the carnival rides which had the best vintage signage. And I hope to mix business and personal more in the future here!

[caption id="attachment_3484" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Mad Dog Mad Dog[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3485" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Tilt-A-Whirl Tilt-A-Whirl[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3486" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Carnival Carnival[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3487" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Wipeout Wipeout[/caption]

No comments: