Monday, April 1, 2013

Vintspiration at Polyvore

I have been meaning to get into Polyvore for ages. It so appeals to my visual nature and the ability to create such professional looking layouts just spoke to me. But it still took me years. I gotta admit, I was intimidated. It looked kinda... hard. And I hate hard. I like easy. I like breezy. And Polyvore looked super technical and scary. Finally last week I decided to just jump in and try.

And it wasn't hard. It wasn't super duper easy, or fast, but it was definitely fun. It's a goal to use it more and more effectively. I have so many ideas on how to use it, but baby steps for now. I present to you, my first Polyvore set! Featuring my vintage tropical brushstrokes scallop edge sundress currently for sale in my Etsy shop.

[caption id="attachment_3118" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Artistic Spring on Polyvore created by vintspiration Artistic Spring on Polyvore created by vintspiration[/caption]

Then a couple of days later, another Polyvore user selected my dress to feature in one of their collections. I might've squealed with delight when I saw it. Soooo much cuter than mine. It's just like that feeling when someone selects your item for an Etsy Treasury. It's the little things. :)

[caption id="attachment_3117" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Fashion Find Friday: Spring Back into Action on Polyvore by cadian819 Fashion Find Friday: Spring Back into Action on Polyvore by cadian819[/caption]

So feel free to follow me on Polyvore. I promise I will use it. Scouts honor.

No comments: