Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Abode + Beyond: Embroider My Walls

I have come up with this brilliant plan to make an entire wall of art from vintage embroidered/needlepoint/crewel work pictures. Awesome, yes? I've been collecting framed gems the last few months and I'm hoping in a few more I will be able to put together a respectable obsession wall. I was originally inspired last year when I saw this totally amazing vintage Marushka wall on instagram.

[caption id="attachment_3134" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Kickass Wall o' Marushka Kickass Wall o' Marushka[/caption]

Some that may need to be in my collection...

[caption id="attachment_3136" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Vintage Aries Orange Embroidered Wall Hanging by TheOddBin If only it was for Pisces! - Vintage Aries Orange Embroidered Wall Hanging by TheOddBin[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3137" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Vintage flower tree crewel embroidery - Jacobean inspired - framed - orange - yellow - green by RecentHistory Vintage flower tree crewel embroidery - Jacobean inspired - framed - orange - yellow - green by RecentHistory[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3141" align="aligncenter" width="440"]1970's Owl Needlepoint Picture by DumpstrDivingDiva 1970's Owl Needlepoint Picture by DumpstrDivingDiva[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_3138" align="aligncenter" width="440"]Vintage Crewel Embroidery Framed Flower Picture by ssmith7157 Vintage Crewel Embroidery Framed Flower Picture by ssmith7157[/caption]

No comments: