Monday, August 27, 2012

Changes

A couple of weeks ago I lost my full time day job. I was born and raised in New York City and over the last few years I've been yearning for a change. It's always been a plan to make a move closer to friends in upstate New York, but with my recent job loss I've decided to put the plan in motion! I'm scared, but hopeful. Worried, but excited. It's a huge change for me and one of those moments where you have the ability to make a decision that will affect the rest of your life. It's overwhelming.

I haven't been posting on the blog lately since I've been scrambling to apply for unemployment insurance, spruce up my resume, and apply for jobs. I'm lucky in that I have excellent experience in my field and coming from NYC to relocate to Albany, I feel like I offer a little something extra for potential employers. I hope I'm right. I know a lot of people are out of work in this country and my fingers are cramped from hoping I am able to snag a good job in a short amount of time. Let's just say there's been a lot of praying going on lately.

On the Vintspiration front, I am looking forward to relocating in having a whole new world of spots to learn and pick. I'm spending this time getting much of the stock I have listed so I can put some much needed coin in the coffers. And the plan is that by winter I will be in a new city, new job, new home and ready to offer some great new merchandise in my Etsy shop.

For now, I plan to post as often as I can to the blog, and looking forward to new beginnings!

1 comment:

Vintspiration Now With Even More Inspiration | Vintspiration said...

[...] mentioned recently that I was in a state of change. I’m happy to say I’m about 75% [...]