Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Abode & Beyond: Acapulco

I've been using vintage kitchenware for years. Mismatched glasses, dishes, pots and pans, etc. Lately I've been looking to matching sets. I just know this is somehow related to me approaching 40... My recent purchase of the matching Otagiri tankards (coffee mugs, for me) and over the weekend I purchased my first full set of matching vintage drinking glasses. Simple clear highball glass with a beautiful white "lace" painted design.

Next on my list are a full set of vintage dishes. I've always loved the Acapulco line by Villeroy & Boch. Started in 1977, it has a distinct Mexican feel to it, hence the name. All that color! I've yet to ever spot any pieces in a thrift shop. The pieces are a collectors favorite so the prices are up there, especially for the older pieces. The pattern is still made, with changes over the years. Usually the newer they are the less busy they seem to be. Me? I love the older, full on, wild and crazy pattern. Perfect for display pieces. Amassing a full set would take years and/or a pretty penny but I can still swoon, can't I?

[caption id="attachment_1733" align="aligncenter" width="440"] Acapulco by Villeroy & Boch Tea Set via Flickriver[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1734" align="aligncenter" width="440"] Villeroy & Boch Acapulco Flyer via tumblr[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1737" align="aligncenter" width="440"] Vintage Acapulco Teapot by Villeroy & Boch - 1970s by retrodinette via Etsy $35.00[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1735" align="aligncenter" width="440"] Villeroy & Boch ACAPULCO – Salt & Pepper Set - $49 by Killdeer via ebay Classifieds[/caption]