1. Numero uno is of course the actual Coney Island Mermaid parade! "A completely original creation of Coney Island USA, the Mermaid Parade is the nation's largest art parade and one of New York City's greatest summer events."
2. aBCdesign has these beautiful handmade sculpted polymer mermaids that are colorful and beautiful.
3. Etsy seller karingrow does lovely prints of mermaids and sea nymphs among other things. Her whole shop has a really cool aquatic vibe.
4. I really love these vintage-look cast iron mermaid bookends from eBay seller swedemom. They really have great detailing and shapes. And gorgeous faces!
5. And my favorite thing to do is learn so read up on Wikipedia's mermaid entry and find out cool things like "the logo for the Starbucks coffee chain, which features a twin-tailed mermaid wearing a crown under a star". How come I never noticed that?!
Find out how to give your High-Five Fridays here!
The purpose of this meme is to give high-fives to 5 people, posts, blogs and/or websites you've admired during the week. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 5 high-fives on Friday. Trackbacks, pings, linky widgets, comment links accepted!
Visiting fellow High-Fivers is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your High-Fives in others comments (please note if NWS).